HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TEETURTLE! Be part of our celebration for the next 24 hours!
REBLOG this post for a chance to win a FREE shirt from http://teeturtle.com/! (seems kind of unfair that it’s our birthday but you get the gifts, right?)
Also, take advantage of our 24 hour MEGAsale, including our limited edition Turtle Pizza Party design!!! All shirts on sale for just $12, but only for today!
“Can I just say, traveling with you, I love it.”
How to make a fan girl cry.
So today we had a visit with the Vet to see how our levels were. They weren’t good. If you know anything about bloodwork for cats you’ll understand what I’m about to post. Normal levels are posted in parentheses.
She may be sick, but she still judges my cleaning skills.
Beezer’s Top Ten Reasons
Not to Feel Guilty
(Compiled by Beezer the Black Lab from the Bridge and sent back to Earth)
http://www.wholisticpawsvet.com/in-home_euthanasia.html (scroll down)
10. Jeez! If you’re born, you die. Think about it, Dad.
9. Fear is the real enemy, not kidney disease. Fear is curable. I’m with you right now, just invisible. I’ll be waiting at the Bridge when you arrive. Don’t be afraid. Trust me.
8. Live with balance. The list of what went “right” with my life is so much bigger than the list of what went “wrong.” My body died from kidney disease, but my spirit always soared because of you.
7. Honor my earthly life and memory. Does feeling guilty help you remember all our good times, adventures, and mutual love?
6. Live with Presence! Don’t despair about yesterday. Don’t fear tomorrow. Otherwise, you’ll miss out on the Gift of Today.
5. Thank you for taking my pain into your heart on that last day. I’m so proud of you for that selfless act.
4. Didn’t you always forgive me when I made a mistake? I forgive you for any mistake you made during my illness. You made the best decisions possible with the information available at that time. All I took with me on my final earthly journey was our love. Please accept my forgiveness and release the guilt.
3. Pat yourself on the back in between crying. Your effort to treat me was a supreme act of humanity, love, and compassion. Our relationship was never more meaningful than during my illness. Please recognize your character and commitment. I do.
2. Guilt is what you humans do to punish yourself for not being perfect.
1. You didn’t have a cure for a fatal disease. My body stopped working because of this fatal disease, not because of something you did or did not do.
“Doug & the B Brothers”
May 1, 2005
(reprinted by permission of the author)
My pretty girl.
I keep telling myself I need to blog/journal/what ever to get my feelings down with the whole cat thing but I haven’t known how to start it. It’s not like it needs to be pretty or perfect or anything like that. I just need to do it. So yeah, I stole the title from a book by Stacy Horn (http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-My-Cats-Die-Morbid/dp/B007K5G16K), a book that I’m reading again. I finally said fuck it, my Tumblr works. With any luck, I’ll update this more frequently now.
This week’s podcast: Damien Echols reflects on his time on death row and his journey to the other side.
Just finally listened to it. I didn’t get through it with out tearing up. I can’t even imagine what he went through. Stupid witch hunts and the lemmings that follow them.
Anyone in Omaha want a 3.5 foot 3-D plaster wall hanging of The Last Supper? I’d like $30 bucks for it but if you haul it, we can SO negotiate it. Hit me up!
“I would have reposted it too if it weren’t for the ‘God is watching’ part.”
Hold up, so does that mean the person would be a dick if there wasn’t some skydaddy watching? What a horrible thought! Remind me to edit it later so it isn’t so rage inducing.
I am now a proud volunteer at Planned Parenthood of the Heartland. Finally taking the step from slacktivist to activist! :D
The GOP’s definition of a failed presidency:
- Killed Osama Bin Laden
- Saved the American auto industry
- Had 16-straight months of economic growth
- Ended the Iraq war & started brining troops home from Afghanistan
- Repealed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
- Passed Affordable Healthcare Act
- Passed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women
- Began regulating Wall St.
- Appointed 2 women, one of which is Latino, to the Supreme Court
- Passed Student loan reform
- Helped overthrow Gadaffi without a single US soldier dying
- Cut taxes for 95% of working families
But yeah, what a failure. Too bad we can’t bring back Bush… *sarcasm*
They’re only setting up an impossible standard for success for them…
The disturbing part is that liberals/progressives fall into this whole what-have-you-done-for-me-lately thing too. Like, yes, I realise he’s not the ideal, but the country isn’t even going to get back to normal in four years, and we all know it never was going to.
But… but… he still hasn’t closed a facility that has miles and miles of red tape and failed policies preventing its closing. Clearly he is a failure for not doing whatever he wants without caring about the consequences.
Maybe more people would be “pro-life” if it was less obvious that most “pro-lifers” don’t care about you after your born.
Page 1 of 95